1971 cb 750 restoration info

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by taylor65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    I have a new friend\customer that has brought me his very clean all original 71 cb750 he recently bought from the original owner. I tried to buy it from him for what he paid (2000) but he wasn't having it. But I do get the joy of working on it. I thought I would come here first because this forum has toe one of the best ones as far as bikes go to ask where I could find a forum similar to ours for the cb 750? Also if anyone knows a good place to get quality parts for it? Right now all I'm doing is concentrating on tuning it up for him. It runs now but barely. I have begun taking the carbs apart and its hard to believe it runs at all. I figure I will start with the carbs then points and valve adjust. Along with other necessities like plugs, filter, oil change etc. I wish I culd figure how to post pics because this is one heck of a find. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Shoot a PM to member Donald Branscomb, he should have all the 411 you could possible want or maybe even need. He would be my go to guy around these parts.

3. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
  4. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Thanks I will check those out. This forum is great