Will the Crossrunner be accepted on this forum?

Discussion in 'Crossrunner' started by Rocker66, Jun 2, 2011.

1. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Accepted ???

NO friggin' way !! Honda design and marketing have NO IDEA what will sell or what riders want.

From the same idiots who gave us the DN-01. Have you ever seen one ???

2. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

The DN-01 Needs to be about 4k then i might buy one until then it belongs in the DNF race class. Far as other bike. Nobody seemed to like an old man streaking on a college campus so why put out the old VFR in the nude.

3. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    True but his reports quality is underwhelming there are much better ride reports and write ups in VFRWorld eg Regs VFR1200 report.

Parts bin sharing is here to stay, KTM, BMW, Triumph, Ducati etc all leverage parts bin sharing to great success as it cuts down new product development costs. Lower product costs from part sharing hopefully means lower prices Vs better range fit to our individual requirments. By better range fit, you have a look here the number of " Which Riser bar " threads to give their VFRs for a more upright riding position, the Crossrunner is fundamentally still a VFR with a more upright riding postion and with its different styling moves the VFR800Xs range needle over to competent road based "All Rounder" than the VFR800Fs competent "Sports tourer".

Yes I have, have recently seen 2 of them at a gas station happily touring back country roads together but forget Hondas DN-01 it's just a futuristic scooter hybrid styling exercise and like Mega scooters and Can Am Spyders not meant to appeal to traditional motorcyclists and didn't much interest me.

4. chickunfut

chickunfut New Member

Looks like they took all the vfr's they didn't sell and put new plastic on it and changed the handle bars. Wish they would have put some nice forks on it. How old are those things...

I like it. Aside from it being an old bike with new clothes. Is it supposed to be am adventure bike or wtf ?

5. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

Not only seen one but have actualy ridden one

6. jose

jose New Member

Map
    For me, Honda did what i'm looking for along time. :banana:

7. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

hmmm i like what i c there almost looks streetfighterish hmmmmmm wonder if i can stuff a turbo on it

8. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

Have just returned from my 1st trip on the crossrunner which was long week-end in Devon & Dorset. the bike was ideal on the tight country roads and was even confortable on the motorway with the honda high screen fitted. Fill ups ranged from mid 40s to low 50s MPG (imperial) which i find acceptable.
    So far I'm more than happy with my new bike

Attached Files:

9. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    That's what matters!

10. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    I recently took a two week vacation to Europe. (5 days in spain, 5 in France, and 5 in Belgium). I have to say all they have all the good bikes over there. But here's a pic of the crossrunner I saw in Nime which is in the South of France.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    They have no idea what AMERICAN RIDERS want. After spending two weeks traveling in Europe I can honestly say that 75% of the motorcycles I saw were naked or partially naked bikes. The only full fairing bikes I saw were touring bike and a few Fireblades, GSXR, and some R1's but not many. (And the best part... I only saw three Harley's.) Just because American's don't want this bike doesn't mean the rest of the world will reject it. Personally, I don't really care for it but it's not the back alley abortion that some people make it out to be.
    :cheersaf:

12. e cabrera

e cabrera New Member

Don't worry.......after all it is half VFR...............Honda, V4, VFR frame..... VFR Rear suspension......... it could be worse¡¡¡¡ :cool:

13. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
  14. Wabbit1961

Wabbit1961 New Member

Map
    Crossrunner... a Crossover (DN-01) on steroids. Build quality is no doubt up to Honda standards, but I say who gives a F^$&! Doubt it'll make it to the US for at least 5 years and then it'll tank, knowing how overpriced it's most likely going to be compared to its competition.

15. Cogswell

Cogswell New Member

United States
    Exactly!

While the Crossrunner doesn't do a thing for me and I won't be buying one, it's heart is still a V-4 and I would like the hear / see what people do to mod it, enhance it, ride it, etc. At least it will keep Honda producing some gen 6 components for a few more years. It will be interesting to see how well it sells.

16. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

Touring Scotland

A few weeks ago i had a great trip to Scotland on the Crossrunner doing around 2500 miles in 5 days. the bike turned out to be a better tourer than I expected. It was comfortable on the motorways at around 85-90 (sorry officer I meant 70) MPH and I was able to do one 187 mile stint without stopping with no discomfort. The bike was perfect for travelling those great Highlands roads some of which were just single tracks. During the trip the bike avaraged over 51 MPG (imperial). taking all the above into consideration I can still say that I'm more than happy with my choice of ride

Attached Files:

17. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Dude, I had no idea, you lurker you ;)

Yea well the cross runner is..... well you know.. just a means of trying to move old stock. It be a hit if it weren't so porky. I mean come on now Honda, at the least you could have updated the front end a wee bit, No? is cool this place rocks one of the best forums oiut there. you ride what?, ok, bring it on. we'll get you converted if you haven't seen the light.

18. Brahms

Brahms New Member

Maybe this is not the correct way to frame my first reply on this forum, but I looked at the Crossrunner and thought, "Huh, looks just like my V-Strom!"

19. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Right, and how many hundreds less expensive ?? Another Honda marketing dud ! Great quality doesn't always win the sales market.

20. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Because it is a shitload more reliable than a Ducrapi and cheaper to maintain than the BMW?