VFR Bar Risers for Gen 8 '14, '15, '16 Interceptor 800 by MotoPumps

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by MotoPumps, Feb 28, 2016.

1. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 New Member

United States
    Well I experienced shoulder pain , or more like discomfort at 200 miles, so I might try and take the spacer out. Also I rode without my laminar lip on so maybe the wind pressure was causing it as we did avg over 80 . I've never owned a bike with anything but handle bars so this quazi clip ons are a whole new ball game for me.

2. DaddyBGood

DaddyBGood New Member

Canada
    Map
    Got the risers installed tonight - no issues. They look and feel great. It will be a while before I can try out over and extended distance, but on a short 1/2 hr ride they were awesome.

3. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    You will love the 1.25 risers that rob made. Like Lariat I am at the same height of 5' 9"and a 28" inseam but a "little" haha more heavy. I chose to keep the stock height on the seat since my Knees are more my issue as well as my ass on the stock seat. Some one posted a great site to see what adding bar height, seat height and peg dynamics that changes you stance and possible issues in your decision. Shout out to the group since I cannot remember the post and poster that gave great info on this. Good luck. Have fun.

4. supecoop

supecoop New Member

United States
    I opted for the .95 inch risers after reading the article from Motorcycle.com on Living With an Interceptor. They arrived very quickly and were easy to install. I'm amazed at how they've transformed the bike for me - or maybe they're just age appropriate - but after a short ride I wish I had gotten them before. Nice job Ron.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  5. DaddyBGood

DaddyBGood New Member

Canada
    Map
    I've now had a chance to ride a while with the 1.25 bar risers. Honestly, I can't really feel a difference in seating position - still feels forward and aggressive, which I like. What has changed is how my wrists feel after a ride - literally no more aches and pains! Could not be happier.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  6. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    Ordered a set of the 0.6" risers. I'll post a follow up ride report once they're installed.

7. MotoPumps

MotoPumps New Member

United States
    Map
    Got it. Shipping out this morning.

Thanks!
    Rob

8. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    Got them this morning, and they're on the bike. The only difference I noticed were the plastic caps that insert into the Allen head were too loose to be retained compared to the OEM bolts. I used a large phillips screwdriver to splay out the part of the cap that inserts into the screwhead, and I'm back in business. Now I've just got to wait until midweek when the weather is forecast is nice enough to go for a ride. :)

9. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    The weather in the great state of Oregon cleared up better than I expected so I went out for a ride to feel the difference. The 0.6" difference certainly takes some weight off your wrists which I noticed when riding round town. At freeway speeds definitely more comfortable too. So the risers get the thumbs up from me, well worth the $69.95 I paid for them, and a better deal than the OEM versions.