VF500 Help

Discussion in 'USA - Mountain' started by cjrasmussen, Jun 29, 2016.

1. cjrasmussen

cjrasmussen New Member

Hey everyone,

Im new to motorcycles and I am in dire need of some assistance. I bought a VF500 off a guy for $200, it was that cheap because the carb was already pulled off, the gas tank was pulled off, it needs new tires, and needs a new battery. I just finished rebuilding the carb (hopefully I did it right). The problem Im running into now is what connects to what. I was able to get the carb back on and fully seated, but the throttle cables are throwing me for a loop. Im not sure where everything goes (downside of buying a bike that is already somewhat taken apart). Does anyone have any advice on how to put things back together? Even a picture of the throttle cables connected would be helpful. Also trying to figure out what gas lines connect to what. And can someone tell me what the third cable is that is by the two throttle cables? Im in the Denver, CO area, so if anyone wants to meet up so I can pick a mechanics brain, that would be awesome as well. Basically any help I can get with these things would be greatly appreciated!

2. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
  3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sometimes looking at the parts fiche can give you a good idea of what goes where. I usually go to www.partzilla.com and look up year and model and part location and can sometimes decipher how everything gets assembled.