Turbulence Solved - can't believe the difference an inch makes (no pun intended)

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by dlp, May 29, 2018.

1. dlp

dlp New Member

United States
    Had the 2015 out for a ride on the weekend, it's still breaking in, but had a chance to run the rpm's and speed up a bit.. and when I hit 75mph+ or so the helmet vibration was so bad, it made clear vision impossible .. any pace under 70 was smooth sailing... that's good, but certainly I couldn't leave the situation that way... so here's the specs: I'm 5'6", 70 yrs old, been riding for about 30 years (second time around), bike seat is in low position in back, regular in front, .6" risers, Schuberth C3 helmet, stock windscreen....

Today I lowered the front of the seat, and took the bike out for another short run, and to my surprise, running up and over 80mph was pretty smooth, and a lot better than the previous setup... I'm guessing, because my arms aren't that long that I'm sitting almost on the front section of the seat, and not getting any lowering benefit from the rear seat section. so when the front was lowered, that one inch was all it took to move the air flow off the screen enough to negate the intense vibration. I'll confirm when I get a chance to run the speed up a bit, but wow, I am really amazed at the difference that one little adjustment made...

duccmann and Quibble like this.
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

My juvenile response to the thread title would be "That's what she said!" but I hear what your saying, sometimes the smallest change can make a big difference. I changed out my GIVI touring screen for an MRA Vario screen and that made a nice difference on my loong hauls.

3. BalticVFR

BalticVFR New Member

Lithuania
    Please send link to MRA screen

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

5. BalticVFR

BalticVFR New Member

Lithuania