Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip Pads?

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Handkphil, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Handkphil

Handkphil New Member

United States
    Hi, has anyone used Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip Pads? If so how was the quality, and do you think the "roughness" of the surface would irritate one's legs when wearing armored riding jeans? I was initially interested in Stomp Grip "Volcano pattern" grips for my 5th Gen tank, but multiple people have said that the Stomp pads were so rough that they abraded their racing leathers over time. I would imaging that if Stomp Grip pads are that rough, they might irritate the inside of the knees after an hour or so, when wearing armored jeans...

2. carlgustav

carlgustav New Member

Not the Snake Skin, but I've had the Fusion (also TechSpec) pads on my bike for over 9 yrs. The quality is good. Have the same stuff on my Aprilia, I've had some bubbling issues with the pads on this tank, but it is a plastic known for expanding due to ethanol fuels. The VFR tank is metal (07 is) and I've not had any issues like that.

I agree about the Stomp Grip, have them on my R6 track bike. Great for track use with leathers, would not use for street myself, although I'll bet many do.

ACE

Handkphil likes this.
  3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I use it on my CBR track bike. The texture of Spec Tec will not bother you even in regular jeans. And it looks a lot better than Stomp Grip.