Risers (Helibars)

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by bapdco, Jul 9, 2018.

1. bapdco

bapdco New Member

United States
    Has anyone installed helibars (or other risers) on an '10 VFR1200F? What was your experience with the cables?
    Did you do it yourself or have a mechanic do it? Helibar said they spent far more time developing a riser for the 1200 and claim no adjustments to cables are necessary. What say you????

2. gojukai

gojukai New Member

United States
    I don't have helibars however I do have writers. No adjustment was necessary. I ride a Generation 6 bird
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

3. bapdco

bapdco New Member

United States
    "Writers"? That damned autocorrect is my worst enema. :) . jk. Thanks for the input. Helibars run around $320. What type (brand) did you use?

4. vVertigo

vVertigo New Member

United States
    Though no experience with your bike, installation of helibars on my 6gen was not that complicated, good diy project. I would assume if they made them for your bike, unless otherwise stated, they could be mounted with existing cables, etc. But mine helped but not that much. Thought about adding more height to vertical section of helibars which would require longer throttle cables, some wiring possible too, yet any height rise helps for longer rides