High mount Delkevic over stock mount Delkevic.

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by JIMLARCH, Jun 4, 2017.

1. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    I purchased a Delkevic last year. An 18" slip on which fits in the stock position. Liked the look and sound for about 10 minutes. Even with the baffle in I found it too raspy and annoying. Finish is good but scratches easily. No power difference that I could tell.

Had the opportunity to buy the highmount pipe for a good price. Its fiddly to mount but not difficult. I like the look. Sits very close to the right tailpiece, enough that I was concerned with heat warping the tailpiece. Not a concern! The pipe even on a hot day gives off minimal heat.

The sound is muted more than being at the stock position, but is smooth and throaty. I personally don't like overly loud pipes so this works well for me. Power delivery is still smooth but I feel it carburates better pulling away.

If you like the look but are not into overly loud pipes then I recommend this highmount system.

Vfriff and Michael S like this.
  2. Vfriff

Vfriff New Member

Australia
    IMG_4011.JPG Hi mate, I'm looking at just getting the high mount link pipe from delkevic for $130au and use the scorpion can that came with my bike. Not my favourite muffler leaks a bit too around the rivets but it's cheaper than getting a new one. I also picked up twin delkevics for my TRX850 (project bike) and was surprised by the build quality for the price. Do you have any pics of your bike with the high mount?

Samuel likes this.
  3. hondaman219

hondaman219 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello mine is a gen 3 but should look the same. I deleted my rear passenger pegs for looks and because I ride solo anyway. 20170430_091603.jpg 20170430_091713.jpg

Samuel likes this.
  4. Vfriff

Vfriff New Member

Australia
    100% sold on the high mount pipe. Cheers