Exhaust Headers

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by -Mac-, Jul 17, 2018.

1. -Mac-

-Mac- New Member

United States
    Map
    So I am currently turning my 4 gen into a cafe racer, and well she is now 23 years old and could go for a new set of headers. My problem is I can only find new front headers. What I am thinking for of a solution is going to custom exhaust maker and get new ones made, but I am thinking of going 4 straight pipes no mufflers, or 2-1 front headers and 2-1 custom rears.

Now the real question, is that even possible?

I would prefer 2-1 front and back, with the front wrapping unde the oil pan and out in its normal spot after the collectors, and the rears coming down like normal but instead of turning to the front, turning back and out just behind the right footpeg.

For the 4 straight pipers, I was thinking of a right and left exit for the rear, and the front just buying the delkevic front headers and having them end where the collectors would begin.

PS I will have OEM plastic for cheap when the project is finished. left side fairing has bit of damage in the lower air vent other then that most is near perfect.

2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I don't know if the rear pipes are similar to the first gens, but on my 83 Vance and Hines used the short OEM pipes because it would almost impossible to get at the rear nuts on the rear of the head, even then tighening the clamps are very difficult.

3. -Mac-

-Mac- New Member

United States
    Map
    Interesting.

I feel like the 2-1 is still possible, just going to take some cutting and welding and lots of cleaning.

edit: Have original headers until they start to come down behind the heat shield on the right side then merge them into more of an oval pipe (to fit the space) coming down then turning back and out. Maybe put bit of an oval tip on the front header, to make them look similar.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018